JOIN MOUNTAIN AVENUE PTA
NATIONAL PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION (PTA) is the oldest and largest volunteer organization working exclusively on behalf of children, youth, and their families. Their mission since inception in 1897 has remained the same: To make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
MOUNTAIN AVENUE PTA
- Our PTA strives to support this mission and has since 1967 when our school opened in 1967. We are a community of parents, students, teachers, staff, officials, and businesses working together to help ensure our students’ successes.
- Mountain Avenue PTA’s strength is in our members. By joining the PTA, you become our partner and help us support our goals for our students. Moreover, as part of the largest national child advocacy association, your membership represents a “voice” for our children. More members give us a stronger voice to remind educational leaders that our children come first. Membership is open to all those who wish to support our PTA’s efforts. These include teachers and other school staff members; parents, children, grandparents, and other extended family; neighbors, coworkers, friends, and other community members. Please consider joining now by clicking on the button above.
- Attending PTA Association meetings is a great way to stay informed about activities and events happening at our school. When you attend meetings, you to learn more about our PTA and have an opportunity to be more involved. Our PTA supports our community and wants to hear from our members. Meetings occur about once a month and you can find the dates and times listed below. (Please consult our website for any updates).
PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- Over the years, our PTA has continued our traditions of student support and family engagement with numerous programs and events. Because of your financial support through several fundraising efforts, from our No Sweat Fundraiser and annual Carnival to Yearbook and Spiritwear sales, our PTA has provides Enrichment School Assemblies, Reflections (a National Arts Program), Red Ribbon Week (learning about healthy choices), the Science Fun Fair, the Book Fair, the Drama Program, the Visual Arts Education Program, Field Day, Culture Night, the Variety Show, support for Room Parent volunteers, Staff and Teacher Appreciation Week, and much more! Please visit our website for the most current programs and events.
- Mountain Avenue PTA invites all parents to share their time and talents. With a multitude of programs and events, we have a great variety of volunteering opportunities available. We are happy to include you in any volunteering effort, whether it is for an hour a week at home or at school or at a particular event that interests you. Simply email us at MountainAvePTA@gmail.com and let us know that you wish to help out. Your time, energy, and input are greatly appreciated! (Mountain Avenue requests that all volunteers sign the “Volunteer Agreement” annually).
As an all-volunteer organization, our PTA benefits from a wealth of support from our parent organizations:
- Glendale Council PTA (glendalepta.org) - oversees and assists our PTA and neighboring unit/school PTAs in GUSD
- First District PTA (pta1.org) - oversees and assists Glendale Council PTA, neighboring council PTAs, and out-of-council unit PTAs
- California State PTA (capta.org) - oversees and assists all district PTAs in California
- National PTA (pta.org) - oversees and assists all state PTAs
Check out the fascinating 125+ year history of PTA!